Lineage Logistics Named to CNBC Disruptor 50 List for Third Consecutive Year
May 09, 2023
Novi, MI, May 9, 2023 – Lineage Logistics ("Lineage" or the "Company"), one of the leading temperature-controlled industrial REITs and integrated solutions providers worldwide, today announced it was named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for a third consecutive year, earning the No. 9 spot.
In its 11th year, CNBC Disruptor 50 is an annual list that recognizes the most innovative venture-backed companies that use breakthrough technology to meet increasing economic and consumer challenges. This year’s nominees underwent a rigorous process of research and scoring across a wide range of quantitative and qualitative criteria, including scalability, revenue and user growth, as well as workforce diversity.
“This year marks our third year on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, a recognition that continues to underscore Lineage’s commitment to innovating technological and societal solutions that address customer and community challenges across the global food supply chain,” said Greg Lehmkuhl, President and CEO of Lineage. “Recent events have accelerated the need to future-proof the supply chain to ensure resiliency and sustainability. This recognition further drives our ambition to push the decades-old, temperature-controlled industry forward to help keep the world fed as safely and efficiently as possible, while staying true to our values and being a force for good in the communities where we live and work.”
In 2022, Lineage has raised over $2 billion in equity from new and existing strategic partners to fuel investments in new greenfield and expansion projects, global investments in solar projects, and industry-leading technology, including automation and proprietary tools that help improve supply chain efficiencies.
In addition to its investments in technological innovation and expansion plans, Lineage has also announced several initiatives aimed at advancing the food supply chain, including:
- Adding more than 40 new warehouses to its network over the past year, as well as designing and building two new, next-generation automated facilities for two major food companies to address challenges within these companies' supply chain
- Acquiring Turvo, a leading provider of supply chain management, collaboration, and visibility software (Lineage Link)
- Celebrating the first anniversary of its non-profit Lineage Foundation For Good, which reached a milestone by donating the equivalent of 239 million meals to those in need
- In October, Lineage launched Lineage Fresh, a new strategic service that provides specialized storage options for major importers, grocers and producers of fresh fruit and produce
- Opening the Savannah Fresh facility following the launch of Lineage Fresh, strategically located near the Port of Savannah, the third busiest container gateway in the U.S. The 220,000-square-foot facility has 23 inbound and outbound lanes that can process more than 40 trucks daily, moving up to 1.4 million pounds of produce per day
To view the full list of CNBC Disruptor 50 companies, please visit: cnbc.com/disruptors.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is one of the world’s leading temperature-controlled industrial REITs and integrated solutions providers with an unrivaled global network of over 430 strategically located facilities, totaling over 2 billion cubic feet of capacity across 20 countries in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Coupling industry-leading expertise in end-to-end logistical solutions and innovative technology, Lineage partners with the world’s largest food and beverage companies to increase distribution efficiency, advance sustainability, minimize supply chain waste, and, most importantly, help feed the world. In recognition of the company’s leading innovations and sustainability initiatives, Lineage has been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Company for two consecutive years, twice named a US Best Managed Company, named the No. 1 Data Science company, and 23rd overall, on Fast Company’s list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies, and was included on Fortune’s Change the World list. (www.lineagelogistics.com)